Build a Mini-Website Course
Publish your first website in just a few hours on a free super-simple platform… even if you’re a technophobe!
Are you ready to have your first website?
You want to
- Look professional online
- Be searchable on Google
- Not have to rely on social media
- Have convenience with client bookings
- Build credibility
- Be accessible to people who are not on social media
Introducing the Build your First Mini-Website Course
Definition: A mini website is a website with limited options (& therefore limited overwhelm!)
Free Platform… with no ongoing fees or commitment
Fast… you will press publish in as little as 5 hours
Easy… even for non-techies & even if you don’t have a laptop!
Here’s what you learn how to build
- 8 webpages
- Guidance on what to write on each page (with workbook)
- A unique brand style
- Extra functionality options- free tools- covered briefly
- connect to a booking calendar,
- event registration,
- taking payment
- forms for potential clients to complete
- 5 ways to get started with marketing your website
*Please note: You can adjust all to suit your business (obviously!)
A Look Inside the Course
- Module 1: Welcome
- Module 2: Overview of Websites & our Platform
- Module 3: Building the Pages & Settings
- Module 4: Writing the Words
- Module 5: Uploading all Content
- Module 6: Extra Functionality
- Module 7: Branding
- Module 8: Photos
- Module 9: Spreading the Word
- Module 10: Summary and Closing
Teaching Style & Accessibility
- Clear instructions
- Concise – no waffle (I’m allergic to that myself!)
- Very structured
- Accessible to different learning styles
- Dedicated course platform
- Total Video Length: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Video which you can speed up or slow down
- Videos are 2-9 minutes long
- Videos have subtitles and a transcription
- Written: there is also a summary of bullet points below each video
- Accessible on desktop and mobile for convenience
Website Creation Time Estimation
- Below is a rough estimate of time needed. You can build along while watching the videos (and pressing pause when needed)
- Setup & build the pages – 20 minutes
- Write the words for each page 2-3 paragraphs/ sections per page- 1 hour
- Take or gather 5 photos – up to 1 hour
- Choosing your brand- 15 minutes
- Creating & uploading 2-3 short videos – 1 hour
- Optional: Setting up extra functionality depending on your needs e.g. Calendar, registration form, event registration, custom email address, taking payment – up to 3 hours
- 5 marketing activities – 1 hour
- Total Time Estimation: between 5 and 7.5 hours
- K.I.S.S.- Keep it Super Simple
- Aim to get a first version done (there will be many more versions along this entrepreneurial path!)
5 Reasons to trust me as your guide
- I’m a total tech nerd who has explored (almost) every website platform and have deemed this option to be the easiest way to get a professional online presence
- This course has been created with holistic practitioners in mind blending my coaching and tech skills together. I’ve done this with many clients and it’s a really effective way to get online
- I used to be a primary school teacher (for age 4 to 5 year olds!) so I’m quite good at breaking information down into practical steps
- I believe this course will save you so much time in trying to figure it all out yourself and it will make you money by making client conversion easier
- My mission is empowering holistic practitioners to bring healing and wellness through my business strategy, marketing and tech skills. I always seek the low-cost, low-hassle options for my clients and students
Advantages of the Platform
- People can check you out
- Viewable on mobile & desktop
- Not overwhelming
- Suitable for service-based businesses (with just a few products)
- Editable via an app on your phone. No laptop needed
- A stepping stone towards clarifying what you want on your future full website
- Easy to edit with new ideas- Evolve out loud
- You will have a website link to share in your marketing activities
Disadvantages of the Platform:
- Not a custom URL e.g. you cannot get www.myname.com . Instead the URL will include the platform name and your name
- It looks narrow on desktop (it’s not full-width)
- Probably suitable for up to 6 paragraphs of text per webpage (you can make as many webpages as you like).
- Not for complex requirements e.g. a membership website
- Limited customisation (also an advantage because fewer choices!)
- A webpage can have contain text only, videos only, or else1 photo with text beneath.
- No blog
- Not optimised for SEO- page titles, meta descriptions. But I have a workaround for you to be found on Google locally and when people search for your business name
- Not your forever website (but a great stepping stone in the meantime)
- Not suitable for a business solely centred around selling products (I do show you a way that you can sell digital products)
Is is really that easy for a total non-techie?
How long will it take me to build my mini-website?
I can just do all this myself without the course..
Is this a WordPress/ Squarespace/ Wix website?
I’m afraid I won’t complete the course…
I don’t have a laptop
Can I host a membership or online courses on this website?
Do I get personalised support?
What’s your refund policy?
How much does the course cost?
I have another question…
Testimonials from Past Students
Ready to finally have a website?
- Immediate Access to a high quality 10 Module Course
- Have your Mini-Website completed in as little as 5 hours
- Guidance on all the things– pages, words, images, brand, extra functionality
- A Bonus Website Completion Incentive
- Investment: €195