Hey! I’m Ciara
Holistic Business Mentor, Course Teacher & Web Designer. Meditator, Forest Wanderer, Moon Admirer, Herbal Tea Drinker & Vegan Food Eater!
2016 was my ground zero year where many parts of my life that I thought were “secure” fell away. What it looked like was many months of me spending my evenings sitting on the floor with my notebook and a blank page trying to brainstorm what my new future could look like (whilst crying obviously).
There were tiny whispers of what was next for me, but zero insight into HOW to actually do those things. So I went in circles in my head trying to figure out the whole plan without taking a single step. I wanted to feel safe and “sure” about how to move forward with creating my new future, but alas just ended up mentally exhausted still sitting on the floor with my notebooks of imagined options and possibilities.
Eventually, I got fed up of going in circles and took step after step into the unknown of the next phase of my life. My inner guidance was shouting at me to just do the next thing and to trust that once I take one step, the next step will become obvious.
My mantra became “Trust my intuition no matter what, even if it doesn’t make sense to my mind because it has never led me wrong”. And so I did…
Fast forward to where it led… I ended up quitting my permanent pensionable job as a primary school teacher, going volunteering at meditation centres around the world, becoming inspired by amazing people I met along the way who were all living life on their terms– people who had created their work and their lifestyle around what was important to them, even though it looked different to the “norm”. That time away also gave me a chance to know myself more deeply and to consider what’s important to me, how do I actually want to live and who even am I?! (I know… deep!).
I came home and step-by-step, I’ve become clear about my vision for my lifestyle and my work in the world.
My vision for myself is to live a life that is aligned with my values and inner guidance, a life that is good for me and good for others. I aspire to live in a cottage, ideally with amazing trees and nature around it. I value heart-centred and inspiring relationships and want to continue to walk the path of Dhamma through my spiritual practice of Vipassana meditation.
My vision for my business is to empower holistic practitioners to spread light, conscious awareness and healing in Ireland in particular. I love the idea of the ripple effect and feel this is my contribution to that.
- Professional Coaching Practice & Ethics Level 6, National Framework of Qualifications QQI, 2019
- Diploma in Executive and Life Coaching- Positive Success Group at Marino Institute of Education, 2019
- Coaching Accreditation with the World Association of Coaching with Neuroscience 2019- Present. The WACN coaching model is based on WholeSystem Ingetrated Neuroscience and requires coaches to strictly adhere to Ethics and Guidelines.
- 600+ Hours Coaching Experience
- Founder The Holistic Business Collective and The Highly Sensitive in Ireland Group
- Continuous Professional Development– Always ongoing
- Speaker at Wellness events, 2020
- Continuous Personal Development– Always ongoing
- BA(Hons) in International Business with French and German, Dublin City University, 2006
- Marketing Executive in Stockholm with Enterprise Ireland, 2006-2008
- Registered Business Mentor with the Local Enterprise Office in Westmeath, Roscommon and Offaly, 2020-Present
- Extensive training and mentorship from Tad Hargrave of Marketing for Hippies, George Kao, Wandering Aimfully, Sarah Sienkiewicz of Healing Business Academy UK.
- Exhibitor at Dublin’s Mind, Body Experience Holistic Fair, 2019-2021
- Featured in Westmeath Independent 2020
- Top 100 inspiring women in 2019 by inspiring.ie
- Children’s Yoga Teacher– Rainbow Yoga, 2018 and Cosmic Kids Yoga, 2017
- Hatha Adults Yoga Teacher– 200 hour YTTC- Trimurti Yoga, Dharamshala, India, 2013
- Yoga Retreat Work Exchange- Happy Buddha, Blue Mountains, Australia, 2018
- Vipassana Meditation, 2016- present
- Non-Violent Communication, 2021
- Embodiment Dance, 2021
- Reiki 1, The Dancing Soul, Athlone, 2016
- The Artist’s Way, The Dancing Soul, Athlone, 2014
- Massage Training- Thai massage, Tibetan Massage, Swedish Massage, India 201
- Ayurvedic Health Course, India, 2013
- Primary School Teacher for 7 years in Co. Roscommon, 2010-2017
- Member of The Teaching Council 2010-present
- Post Graduate Certificate in Primary Education: Specialism in Languages (French) , Liverpool Hope University, 2010
- Restorative Practice Skills for Positive Classroom and Schools Norms. Dublin West Education Centre, August 2018
- Steiner Alternative School, Blue Mountains- Work experience, 2018
- CELTA TEFL Qualification, Bridge Mills, Galway 2009
- Summer Camp Leader for Children with Intellectual Disabilities, 2004
- Gaeltacht Ceannaire, Coláiste na bhFiann, 2002
- Gymnastics Coach, Irish Gymnastics Association, 1997-2003
Behind the Scenes
I’m sharing about myself so you can have a sense of me to know if we could be a good fit to work together.
Ethical Business Practices
There are ALOT of poor practices in the online business/ online coaching world.
I do no align with any kind of business or marketing that makes you feel “bad” or that you are lacking or not enough without buying a specific solution. I do not agree with hype and pressure in marketing or sales.
Instead I trust you to make wise choices for yourself and only purchase what you need. I will not manipulate or pressurise you through my marketing. I value transparency and integrity.
I welcome people of all races, sexual orientations, ability status and gender expressions to my community. I am conscious that disadvantage and discrimination that affects people who are in the minority in their community. I am committed in my business and life to finding opportunities to support minority groups and to stopping unjust behaviours I see around me.
A portion of my business income goes to charities: Currently SightSavers and Avaaz (a non-profit that promotes global activism on issues such as climate change, human rights, animal rights, corruption, poverty, and conflict).